Monday, August 25, 2014

Share a Coke!

When Coca Cola came out with the Share a Coke with a friend theme, I noticed that everyone, including people who didn't normally drink Coke, was searching for and buying Cokes with their names, friend's, family, children's names. Sales seemed to skyrocket! Very smart move on Coca Cola! Everyone loves personalization and this just proves that it works as a great marketing technique.

 I, myself, am not much of a soft drink drinker and have not bought a coke with my name on it. But I will have to say that I have been looking for my name on one and when I find it, I can't truly say that I won't buy it... because I probably will. :)

1 comment:

  1. Good post. Can you think of other products that you would or would not buy if they did the same thing? What about price? How does that play in? What is the maximum you would pay for the novelty of having your name on a product?

    ReplyDelete